Welcome to the TCNJ Pre-Dental Club homepage.
Meeting agenda – 9/25/13
-Kaplan presentation: “Pathway to Dental School” by Kiran
** Vote on your favorite shirt: https://tcnj.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_3UJjgsC7jfNjeNT
Meeting agenda – 9/11/13
Welcome to both old and new members!
-Oral Cancer walk is 9/21/13; sign up and join our team!
-”Path to Dental School” presentation next meeting
- Fundraising ideas: T-shirts, Kaplan raffles and auctions, Loop bus (12/3), Mama Flora’s or other restaurants.
Meeting agenda – 4/24/13
-Last Meeting of the semester
-Our very own former Pres, Ga Young, gave a presentation on applying to Dental School
-Good luck on finals and have a great summer!
Meeting agenda – 4/17/13
-Elections: Congratulations to our new treasurer Anar!
Pres: Tina McCardle
VP: Anisha Pandya
Secretary: Juhi Shah
Meeting agenda – 4/2/13
-Gateway to Dentistry Program Presentation
-Elections will be held 4/17/13; Email the account if you’d like to run!
-NJDS Admissions Symposium 4/25/13
Meeting agenda – 3/18/13
-Personal Statement Workshop with Kaplan
Meeting agenda – 2/27/13
-Sample Kaplan DAT course
**Email the account for discounts!
Meeting agenda – 2/6/13
-Sweet Tooth Fundraiser prep
Meeting agenda – 1/30/13
-First meeting of the semester; general overview
-Give Kids a Smile Day FRI 2/1/13 (email account for sign-ups)
Meeting agenda – 12/5/12
-Last meeting of the semester; Pizza party!
Meeting agenda – 11/14/12
-Speaker: Helen Kull
Meeting agenda – 10/10/12
-Speaker: Kaplan Representative
-Promo for classes; contact Eboard for discount
Meeting agenda – 10/3/12
-Cheeburger Cheeburger Fundraiser 10/8/12 5-9pm
**Bring the flier and contact Anisha or Tina if rides are needed**
-Helen Kull speaking about Medical Advisory Board
Meetin agenda – 9/12/12
Welcome new members!
Oral Cancer Walk 9/22/12 – email account for rides
Loop Bus Volunteer 11/13/12
Meeting agenda – 4/11/12
Interview Workshop with the Career Center!
Meeting agenda – 4/4/12
Congratulations to the 2012-2013 Executive Board!
President: Tina McArdle
Vice President: Anisha Pandya
Secretary: Juhi Shah
Treasurer: Radha Nayak
Lovin Cookies Fundraiser from 6pm to 11pm
Use promo code: TOOTH
Meeting agenda – 3/21/12
Review CCS presentation
Lovin’ Cookies Fundraiser
Collect non-perishable food items to donate to Circle K International
Meeting agenda – 2/29/12
Thanks to everyone who attended! We had Mr. Eric Elmore and Mr. Jim Schulz from the New Jersey Dental Association speak at our meeting about how important it is for us all to get involved with the NJDA. Anyone who attended was added to an e-mail list to keep us informed about important things going on in the NJDA. If anyone who could not attend would like to be added to that list, please email the account and let me know. The NJDA website is www.njda.org
Meeting agenda – 2/22/12
Guest speaker Helen Kull, program assistant of the Biology Department
- How to start a file, prerequisites, and how to apply to Dental School through the health committee.
- Links are available on the resource page!
Fundraising & Volunteer ideas
- Lovin Cookies fundraiser
- Tutoring at Urban Promise and holding a program on oral health
- Dental presentation and activity for special education students in the TCNJ CCS Program
Meeting agenda- 2/1/12
1.) Executive board elections
• Juhi Shah and Radha Nayak are running for Pre- Dental treasurer
2.) Volunteer opportunities: please sign up!
• Sweet Tooth Fundraiser
• Give a Kid a Smile Day
3.) GIFT MAKING TIME!
• Lollipops for our Sweet Tooth Fundraiser
• Gift bags for the spring Activities Fair
• Informative “Healthy Kissing” poster
• Sign for the sale (with dates, price, etc.)
• Flyers to advertise sale?
Meeting Agenda- 1/25/12
Overview of club events coming this semester:
- Give a Kid a Smile Day- February 3, 2012
- “Healthy Kissing” poster & Valentines sale- February 7, 9, 13, 14
- TCNJ Activities Fair- February 8, 2012?
- Visitor from NJDA (New Jersey Dental Association)
- NJDS Admissions Symposium- April 19th
- Possible Oral Health Screening day
- Monument Elementary School visit
- Interview workshop
- Club pictures for our website!
- February = Dental Health Month. Ideas??
Executive board elections:
We have a new President this semester, Ga Young! We will be voting today on which current E-board member will become the new Vice President (Tina McArdle or Anisha Pandya). With that being said, there will soon be an open E-board position (Secretary or Treasurer). Anyone in the club is welcome to try for the position. If more than one person would like it, each person must present a speech to the club so the decision can be voted on. If anyone has questions about what the position will entail, please do not hesitate to ask the current E-board members.
NEXT MEETING: February 1, 2012 — Next Wednesday, BIO 208, 1pm
** Next week’s meeting is very important. We need as many people as we can to help make club posters and Valentines that will be sold as our first fundraising project. Please attend and bring some friends! **